Great wedding favors for people who did you favors for your wedding

Source: www.too2late.com
While I was out shopping for presents for my wedding team (or, if you like, bridal party) the other day, I got to thinking about how I'd best express my gratitude to them without imposing myself on them.


I spotted these great Too 2 Late silicon watches in a knick-knack jewellers. They come in various sunshine-y colours destined to brighten someone's day. The great thing is they promise to be waterproof and shock proof so they should be really cool for jogging, swimming or hiking, all good things most of us love. They are packaged in a wee little glass bottle. Too funky! The price? Only 18 Euros and that's retail!


For all these reasons, I'm getting ready to splash out and get me one too! Extra happy to find something like these as I'd really started to scratch the heck out of my treasured one and only work/going out/everything watch.


Gotta say, rather these than some monogrammed-with-the-bridal-couple's-names' champagne flutes or some such. How many of us have actually used those shot glasses emblazoned with the married couple's initials and wedding date? Or those scrolly silver/brass/gold picture frames that came with an insert of the happy couple's prenup pic? How many? I have a collection of some such paraphernalia (or if you like, sentimental nuisances) jammed into storage boxes in my poor parents' garage.


Okay, so maybe we're snobs. Or maybe we can just put it down to having a secure sense of ourselves. Me, for instance, I like to drink wine out of glasses that bear my own initials instead of somebody else's.


think wedding, NOT unoriginal TIP:

When shopping for presents for your wedding party, you don't necessarily have to go the well-trod path of having your names and wedding date engraved onto that perfect piece of silver jewellery. Just that piece on its own, nicely packaged, with a brief note expressing your gratitude will be more appreciated than if you had selfishly vandalised it. After all, unless that person were to develop amnesia, they would know how and why they came by that gift. Would you yourself actually (and actively) wear an item of jewellery engraved with somebody else's monograms? Not unless of course if it was your great-grandmother's art deco engagement ring. ;-) Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment